We are looking for 2x experienced Security Team Leaders to support our security team at The Glade Shopping Centre. Taking pride in providing a professional security service to our client, you will undertake a range of duties to include: Dealing with contractors; staff and customer security checks, Patrols, Back Of House Patrols, Car Park Patrols, Lifts, Shop Units & Escalator Checks along with work permits and any ad-hoc duties as directed by the Security Manager, or the Client. Carry out duties in accordance with the assignment instructions, to be aware of the obligations under the Health and Safety regulations concerning their own safety, that of their colleagues and tenants. Deter unauthorised personnel from gaining access to the shopping centre.
1. Attend meetings as required and provide reports and recommendations on the activities of the security operation and report all finding to the security manager.
2. Be committed to health & safety and ensure that you are familiar with all customer and Amulets health & safety policies and procedures. Police and encourage observance with all site security & safety policies, in particular ensuring that the health & safety, access control, key control, and site smoking policies are observed and enforced at all times.
3. Perform at the start/end of each tour of duty verification checks of all the security equipment located within the areas of work ensuring that all systems are fully operational and where they are not, initiate corrective action by reporting issues to the security manager.
4. Respond to all incidents in a timely and effective manner by managing the activities of all affected persons, aimed at all times to safeguard the assets of the customer.
5. Maintain all required records as directed by line management to ensure that full transparency of events and their handling is possible
6. Act responsibly when receiving and holding all site keys
7. As required, undertake necessary entry and exit searches at the designated access/egress points in times of heightened security states of alert
8. Manage a polite and effective meet and greet service to all staff, customers and visitors whilst strictly observing access control procedures.
9. Report building/equipment fault reports where appropriate escalating to the security manager where necessary
10. At the start/end of each tour of duty ensure that the prescribed unlock/lockdown procedures are conducted correctly
11. Undertake all necessary patrols utilising any provide proof of presence system
12. Follow any such reasonable instruction as issued by Senior Line Management
Here at the Glades we have a strong focus on staff welfare and development and provide opportunities to all to learn and progress. We look forward to hearing from you!
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
You must be capable of dealing with a variety of situations and be very customer service-focused. You must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, attaining a good standard of verbal and written English. You must have good organisational and record-keeping skills, be well-presented at all times. You must be physically fit as this is a demanding role. Operation of centre CCTV system – proactive patrolling on camera operation of the centre safety systems, car park system, radio system, Access Control system, Permit follow up, Key and asset tracking/management. You must also be able to respond to incidents in the Centre. Previous experience in a customer service focused/security role is vital.
You must be able to provide a check-able 5-year employment history for vetting purposes (this can include full-time education or periods in receipt of benefits). Possession of a First Aid at Work Certificate is desirable.
You must have a current SIA Door Supervisor Licence and CCTV Licence.
Full Time – Days/Nights
4 on, 4 off, 12 hour shifts
£11.73 per hour (Fortnightly Pay)
Immediate upon completion of screening process
To apply, please click here. Ensure your CV is up to date.
Eligibility documents needed at interview: Passport or Full Birth Certificate; Utility Bill showing current address and dated within 3 months; Proof of National Insurance (Payslips cannot be used) such as NI card, P45, P60, benefits or HMRC letter.
Amulet are a specialist, intelligence-led, consultancy-level business delivering multi-faceted security solutions. We provide a complete suite of front of house, manned, mobile, event, covert and technical security services across numerous sectors throughout the UK. We offer a new and exciting approach to the provision of security solutions within a traditional marketplace. We are recognised as an ACS Star Performer, leading the way in delivering fresh ideas and approaches that are backed up by a depth of industry knowledge and experience. As part of the Churchill Services Group, Amulet benefit from 40 years’ experience in delivering forward-thinking, industry-defining solutions. Amulet’s customers have the backing of one of the UK’s fastest growing companies as recognised by The Sunday Times Fast Track (2017).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.73 per hour
- Security: 3 years (required)
- SIA License (required)
- CCTV License (preferred)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)