Code of Conduct
At The Glades, we’re committed to making your experience with us as enjoyable as possible. So we have a few simple house rules that we hope will keep everyone happy, whether you’re here to shop, meet friends for coffee or wine and dine.
The Glades house rules:
• Please keep an eye on any children in your care at all times.
• Intimidating behaviour of any kind towards other visitors, our staff or our retailers is never acceptable.
• As much as we like animals, they are not allowed in the centre unless they’re assistance dogs.
• No dropping litter in or around the mall. That’s what the litter bins are for.
• No leafleting, canvassing, conducting third party interviews or surveys unless we give you our approval.
• Selling goods without our go-ahead is not allowed anywhere in the mall or associated areas. Neither do we permit busking in the mall and associated areas unless agreed in advance by Centre Management.
• Climbing or sitting on any balustrade, barrier, fence or railing is also off limits. This is for your own safety, as well as the safety of other members of the public.
• No ball games.
• Please don’t use bikes, roller-blades, micro-scooters, skateboards, hover boards, powered uni-cycles, segways or Heelys® in the centre.
• No swearing, shouting or use of other unpleasant language. We’re a nice bunch in Bromley.
• No inappropriate use of customer lifts and escalators.
• To make sure our guests are not always tripping over film crews, we do not allow commercial filming or photography unless it’s agreed by Centre Management first. Ask us, and we might just let you.
• We love a selfie, so if you’re taking shots of yourself, friends or family then snap away. However photography of the public and people you don’t know is not permitted.
• No throwing of any object within the Centre.
• Don’t run on the malls, we have plenty of parks in Bromley for that.
• Shirts/tops and footwear must be worn at all times, except in the changing rooms of course.
• Crash helmets and masks should always be removed before entering the Centre.
• Behaviour on the mall which is not conducive to creating a friendly environment for all of our guests is not acceptable.
• Children appearing to be of school age may be approached if they visit during school hours. They will be required to provide a valid reason for absence and may be asked to leave.
• Groups deemed too large or disorderly will be asked to leave.
We’re not quite finished yet…
• There is a strict no smoking policy and alcohol is only to be consumed in a licensed premise.
• Electronic cigarettes are also not permitted.
• Any act of vandalism towards property belonging to us, or our retailers, will be dealt with accordingly and the local police will be informed without exception.
• This list doesn’t cover everything, and, as The Glades is private property, we have the right to deny anyone entry whose actions we feel are inappropriate.
• For the safety and security of our customers, 24-hour CCTV is in operation and some members of staff wear body cams which record both audio and video. This scheme is controlled by The Glades Centre Management. For further information please contact 0208 313 9292.
Anyone who ignores these rules or commits a crime will be denied entry for as long as centre management see fit.
Thanks for taking the time to read our code of conduct. We hope you have an enjoyable visit to The Glades.