To apply, please click here.
We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 98,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements below. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Retail Liaison Manager
The Glades Shopping Centre, Bromley
Objective of Role
To establish and manage productive relationships between retailers & head offices, the shopping centre management team and onsite staff, the managing agent, asset manager and any city centre retailers. To collect and analyse trading intelligence, centre performance statistics and other data and ensure that this information is reported regularly to all parties. This should be communicated to the Centre Director and marketing function in depth to ensure that suitable responses are developed to support retailers and the centre.
Delivery will be in line with JLL best practice standards to ensure the highest standards of management to the Centre.
The Retail Liaison Manager will report to and seek direction from the Centre Director, taking guidance as appropriate.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Management, collection & knowledge of all data and information regarding centre retailer performance on reporting documents/spreadsheets (or external portal if applicable).
- Manage and monitor the flow of key indicators from retailers & understanding their business needs
- Desktop research of national retailer performance
- Where possible and where relationships allow, support with the collection of retailers annual turnover certificates
- Establish a productive relationship with retailers, area managers and head offices to provide them with a regular informative review of trading performance
- Provide the Centre Director and team with periodic reporting of retail performance and centre statistics, present the monthly trading performance to the client and leasing agents
- Collaborate with the centre marketing team and retailers to develop consumer facing marketing responses to trading performance
- Generally manage centre communication with the retailers, manage the retailer meetings as directed by the Centre Director, invite guest speakers and encourage attendance and support the retailer newsletter and other communication documents for store managers and staff in partnership with the centre marketing department
- Encourage retailer participation in centre initiatives through the marketing team and assist the marketing team to collect feedback after events, attend centre marketing events as directed by the Centre Director
- Fulfil the post of Duty Manager on a regular basis and all related responsibilities including weekend working on a rota basis
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager, ensure the retailer handbook is kept updated working with all centre departments
- Monitor the retail comings and goings within the city and the regional competition
- Monitor the retailers for lease compliance and champion core trading hours
- Manage the retailer/store manager inductions
- Manage the centre’s annual community day and monitor
- Take the centre lead on any centre participation on retail apprenticeships
- Develop and manage a customer service strategy, to include Retailer recognition Awards (in conjunction with the marketing team)
- Support the Commercialisation Coordinator to ensure high standards of presentation and merchandising at all times
- Manage the centre remote storage requirements
Experience Knowledge and Qualifications
- Retail Management qualification (NVQ/City & Guilds/etc.)
- Must have a solid background in different levels of retail management across a variety of categories
- Must be confident with extensive retail data analysis and trends
- IT Literate
- Maths and English GCSE/ O’Level or equivalent
Competencies and Attributes
- A good communicator to a variety of audiences
- Autonomous approach to workload and self-motivating
- Strong analytical skills – an ability to decipher and interpret large amounts of data
- Strong organisational skills – an ability to work without close supervision and prioritise
- The confidence to establish a dialogue with anyone internal or external to the business
- Strong customer relations skills and an ability to integrate with a diverse and changing environment
- Ability to positively interact with key stake holders.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to work on own initiative, to listen and willingness to learn.
- Ability to demonstrate utmost discretion when dealing with all sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-moving environment
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at AccomodationRequest@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.