JOB TITLE: Deputy Manager DEPARTMENT: Retail
REPORTS TO: Area Manager RESPONSIBLE FOR: Shop team – CHS & CH
WHO WE ARE
White Stuff was established in 1985 through a simple idea. This idea grew and now we have shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and homeware. Our original prints (all designed in house), intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
Our people are at the heart of our brand, constantly moving and driving us forward. We’re sociable, talented and likeminded and we’re not hierarchical or political in how we do business. We encourage entrepreneurial ideas and accountability at all levels.
WHO YOU ARE
You’ll be passionate about Retail and Fashion. You will have the determination to grow and succeed. You will thrive in a team environment and you will inspire and support others with your passion and expertise. You will be your true self and bring out the best in others too.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
The Deputy Manager position is a responsible for driving trade by leading our Shop teams. Maintaining a good understanding on all KPI’s and what the shop can do to improve or sustain performance. Always ensuring our customers with the best possible shopping experience; contributing to our aim to be leaders in sociable retail. This role is a key part of the management team and deputises for the Shop Manager, whenever required.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Sales & Service Management
- Leads team briefs to ensure the team are set up with the knowledge and the motivation needed to achieve targets
- Reviews customer feedback and observes the team to ensure that they are making our customers feel welcome and at home at our shops. Is then able to suggests improvements where needed.
- Understands the commercial opportunity’s that their shop offers and maximises each of these to increase sales, also coaches the team to understand these opportunity’s.
- Encouraging the team to share local knowledge with our customers and teams; what’s on in the area?
- Planning and organising events, including playing a key role in Customer Event
- Motivates and inspires the team to achieve KPI performance through ensuring we are providing an amazing customer experience to all our customers.
- Driving the team to have meaningful and memorable conversations with our customers, ensuring they are aware of each Customer’s behaviour to satisfy the customer’s needs
- Ensuring the team understand the features of our products; explaining these to our customers to support their styling and purchase decisions
- Ensuring sales are maximised by encouraging the team to introduce customers to multichannel shopping through More Ways to Shop
People Management and Development
- Using the tools provided to help develop the teams’ knowledge so they can suggest the right products and outfits for our customers
- Working alongside the management team to create a positive team atmosphere in the shop which is focused on delivering results
- Playing a key part in setting team objectives to ensure the team are working together to achieve goals
- Using the tools provided to help develop all the individuals in the team to reach their potential
- Is aware of succession planning to ensure that we are growing our own talent
- Works alongside Shop Manager to attract, recruit and retain high calibre team members
- Encouraging the team to compile customer information and also identifies marketing opportunities to drive sales
- Actively seeks opportunity’s in the local area that could benefit the shop, eg local events Shop Operations/Visual presentation
- Works alongside the management team to ensure that the Product and Shop standards are excellent and maintained at all times
- Evaluates floor layout and Sales trends regularly, and takes appropriate action to ensure the shop floor is responding to commercial opportunity’s
- Works with the Shop Manager to ensure staff planning is effective to ensure that the right people are in the right places at the right times.
- Reviews the delivery and replenishment operation to ensure that it is effective and commercial.
- Plays a key role in organising stock take and takes an active role to ensure an accurate reconciliation.
- Being a point of contact for HQ in Shop Managers absence.
- Maintaining or building a strong relationship with the local charity partner, and share this passion with
the team and our Customers
- Works alongside the Shop Manager to ensure that the shop is working within the budgets set
- Ensuring the Awareness of the Made for Change products and the positive impact this has
- Understanding our approach to Ethical Sourcing to be able to explain this to the team and our
- Living our Values, making sure these are alive in the shop.
WHAT WE’LL OFFER YOU
As a Deputy Manager at White Stuff you will be entitled to an array of great benefits, some of which include:
- Monthly bonus opportunity
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum
- 2 extra (paid!) days off per year to volunteer in the local community
- 50% discount and a further 22 items of uniform per annum
- BUPA Dental Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution