• #1 priority is to drive Sales to maximize Sales and Profit goals for a specific Store.
• Accountable to assist Store Manager to coach and develop all Team Members to
execute Company strategy.
• Assists in all aspects of Store Management, including execution to Company Standards
in all aspects of recruiting, hiring, training, Customer Service, Visual Merchandising and
• Assists store manager to ensure compliance with all Company polices, procedures and
standards and holds team accountable in absence of the Store Manager.
• Accountable for maintaining a safe and secure store environment, training all staff in
H&S procedures and reporting all non-compliant or H&S risks to Store Manager and
• Assumes full leadership and managerial responsibilities when the Store Manager is not
Reports to: Store Manager
• Drives Sales through 100% execution of the Company’s Customer Service Standards: S.A.L.E. program.
• Assists in ensuring that all Team Members are trained and are using S.A.L.E. program to deliver Sales goals.
• Creates an exceptional experience for the Customer to build Customer loyalty and to set the industry standard.
• Acts as a Product Knowledge expert and assists in the P.K. training of the Store Team.
Acts as an expert in the S.A.L.E. selling floor program, setting the example for the Store Team.
Greets Customers within 5 seconds and builds Sales.
Sets Sales goals for Associates during their Shift.
Focuses on multiple Customers to maximize Sales.
Participates in and coaches one-on-one role plays.
Attends Product Knowledge Seminars and shares knowledge with the Team.
Maintains high energy level when servicing Customers; focuses on multiple Customers to maximize Sales.
Monitors and communicates Sales results to the entire Team.
Handles Customer concerns resulting in a positive Customer experience.
• Has a clear understanding of Company Standards.
• Prioritizes tasks; accomplishes tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
• Assists in the recruiting and hiring of the best candidates available for hire.
• Understands and can execute all Visual Merchandising programs 100% and on a timely
• Ensures that all store associates have received Health & Safety training.
• Communicate any overstock stores that presents a H&S risk to Store Manager
• Ensures all exit doors, exit routes and stairways are clear
• Ensures all weekly/monthly checks on Fire Alarm System, Emergency Lighting, and Fire Evacuation Drills are conducted per H&S guidelines and is documented.
Responsible as a key carrier to open and close the Store as scheduled. Responsible to notify designated executives in the event of an emergency.
Executes all handling of cash as per Company directives.
Assists in and can execute Visual Merchandising directives to Company Standards including all Sale set-ups.
Assists in the completion of markdowns on a timely basis.
Assists in the completion of weekly Test Checks.
Assists in the completion of Monthly Security Checklist.
Assists in scheduling staff using Field Planning Guide to best meet the needs of the business.
Completes register paperwork daily and assists in payroll weekly.
Uses Point of Sale (POS) register, Auditor’s bar code scanner gun, and calculator workstation.
Processes shipments and enters into the POS system.
Maintains a safe environment; assists in the completion of Monthly Safety Checklist. Maintains Store daily including all maintenance issues.
Updates and checks Information Center before each shift for Sales/Promotions, contest,
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS/PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT:
• Responsible for timely progress through the Sales and Management Development Program, taking on
additional responsibilities as learning and skills increase.
• Helps to ensure that entire Team is receiving Training on a consistent basis. Turns every
situation where possible into a Training opportunity.
• Assists in the training of all Team Members using Sales and Management Development
Program and S.A.L.E. Customer Service program as the Standard.
• Evaluates individual Team Members needs and adapts coaching style to ensure their
• Leads by example, demonstrating ethical and trustworthy behavior.
• Speaks clearly to Customers and Team Members.
• Motivates Team through a positive and energized atmosphere in a specific Store.
Completes Training within the required timelines using the Sales and Management Development Program.
Completes self-appraisals prior to PEP talks and performance appraisals to prepare for discussion with supervisor and give input towards new goals
Helps to facilitate New Hire Orientations.
Assists in ensuring training of all Associates through the Sales and Management Development Program.
Consistently looks to make each situation a Coaching opportunity.
Adapts communication style to the situation and people involved.
• Leads by example.
• Leads Store Team to deliver exceptional Customer Service and to execute Company
• Listens to and incorporates the ideas of others; effectively adapts to change.
• Plans activities in advance to ensure a smooth operation.
• Demonstrates ethical and trustworthy behaviour.
• Implement directives given by Division or District Manager; give directions and delegate
• Reflects pride in representing Company to the Customer.
• Required to stand during scheduled hours. Hours usually include weekends, evenings and holidays in conjunction with labour regulations.
• Kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, using stairs, reaching, pulling and lifting weights of usually 2 – 14 kilos.
• Working rapidly, especially during peak Sales periods to ensure that all Customers are being serviced properly and store operations are being completed in a timely manner.
• Ability to read, write, conduct business related mathematics and analyze data as required.
Foot Locker is entitled to assign other duties than those associated with the position as described above, if such would be in the best interest of the Company.