To make meal times easier when out with children, our restaurants have high chairs available for your use.
Parent & Baby Rooms
When a nappy needs changing, parents needs a rest, or a toddler needs a moment, our parent and baby rooms are on hand to give you a calming and peaceful environment.
Here at The Glades we have catered for your needs with baby changing facilities, toilets cubicle that accommodate a pushchair and private areas for feeding. You can find all you need to take care of your little one in our parent and baby rooms in the following locations:
1) On the Upper Mall by H&M
2) On Car Park Level 2 above the Central Atrium (accessible via the lifts opposite 02 on the lower mall and Cafe Giardino on the upper mall)
3) On the lower mall by Boots
We offer a wide selection of children’s shops at The Glades, including: Build-A-Bear Workshop, Toys R Us, Disney Store and The Entertainer. Lots of stores also stock children's clothing including Debenhams, M&S, Boots, River Island, Zara, The White Company and H&M.
The Glades offers a FREE unsupervised soft play area on the upper mall next to New Look.
The soft play is open centre hours with the exception of
Tuesday / Thursday - soft play opens at 11am
Friday - soft play opens 12 noon
Sundays - soft play opens at 12 noon
Celebrate a birthday at a store within the centre, such as Build-A-Bear Workshop or Lush. Please book in advance to avoid disappointment by calling the store.
As well as being the first to find out about all the cool kids activities and entertainment, being a member of The Glades Kids Club is lots of fun!
Sign-up is FREE- just register online!
Exclusive family offers – all the latest discounts and offers from our shops and restaurants sent straight to your inbox or available online.
Free family events - we'll let you know about events in the school holidays, visits from your favourite characters and other 'hot' happenings that are just too good to miss!
Priority booking for Santa's grotto – club members get access to online booking two weeks before everyone else! We'll send you the link in October to where you can book online to see Santa (Subject to availability and on a first come-first served basis)
Great competitions and prizes – we give away lots of prizes every year - and it could be you getting your hands on them!
You'll get your very own membership card and we'll keep your mum, dad or guardian up-to-date with all the latest offers, discount news and events happening at The Glades.
Parents – we'll only send information that we think you and your kids will be genuinely interested in and if you ever want to leave the Club, you can unsubscribe at any time.
If you have any other questions or require any further information on how to join the Kids Club, please contact us and we'll be in touch soon.
Free Soft Play
Our Free Soft Play is located on the upper mall - if you can't find it just ask at the Guest Service desk on the upper mall by Hobbs and they will be happy to direct you.
It remains the responsibility of accompanying adults to supervise the children in their care while using the facility. All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult and remain the responsibility of said adult at all times.
Parents and guardians must :
* Remain in the area at all times
* Monitor their child to ensure that he/she is capable of using the equipment/rides safely
* Know where their child is and ensure that the child is able to locate them
* Children are advised to wear long sleeved shirts and long trousers and wear socks at all times to minimise the risk of personal injury
* Children must remove shoes, jewellery and badges before entering the soft play
Soft play is open:-
Monday 5pm - 7pm
Tuesday - Thursday 9am - 7pm
Friday 12 noon - 7pm
Saturday 9am - 7pm
Sunday 12 noon - 4pm
Sign up for fun! Children will love being members of The Glades Kids' Club, with lots of free events throughout the year. We hold regular workshops and weird and wonderful shows during the school holidays, suitable for ages 3 to 12. Simply complete your details in the form to revive regular updates, then bring along the sign up email confirmation to the Kids' Club during school holidays to pick up your membership card.
Previous intu kids' club members will need to re-register and will be eligible for the FREE gift.
The Glades is a child safe shopping centre and as part of our family facilities, we are part of the Bromley Town centre child safe scheme.
We offer a hotline number to assist parents and guardians in finding children who have been separated whilst out shopping. Please call 101 to speak directly to someone who will help you.
Tips for parents:
- Teach your child to recite their name, address and telephone number.
- Get a free wristband from the guest services desk and read through it with your child, filling in the spaces for 2 contact number.
- Sew or write their surnames only in any clothing.
- Encourage young children to stay close and hold your hand or trolley.
- Make sure that children know that The Glades staff wear purple scarves and ties and also The Glades name badges look for the little 'G'
- If you have lost a child inside a store, enquire at the nearest till. If on the malls ask a member of The Glades staff or at the Guest Services Desk.
- Children remain your responsibility. Please DO NOT leave them unsupervised, especially when using lifts and escalators and near fountains and water features.
If you are little and lost:
- STOP, stand still and LOOK around. DO NOT run around.
- If you see the person you came with, go straight back to them and hold their hand.
- If you cannot see the person you came with go straight to the till if you are in a shop.
- If you are out in the malls look for a member of The Glades staff who has a purple scarf or tie and name badge on.
Losing a child, even for a few moments, can be very distressing and so for peace of mind, you can visit our Guest Services Desk on the upper level near Hobbs to collect a free wristband for your child.
All you need to do is write your mobile number on the wristband so you can be easily contacted should your child get lost. These wristbands are bright, waterproof and tough, so as well as shopping they are ideal for other days out or journeys into busy towns and cities.
Child safe zones
The Glades is a family friendly and safe place to visit, shop and have fun. However, just in case you and your child are separated whilst shopping our Child Safe scheme can help reassure and get help fast.