The best from the west(ern) trend
It’s rodeo drive time, so get festival-ready at The Glades Shopping Centre
Coachella kicked off the festival season in fine, glittering form, with the Californian desert location the perfect backdrop for the star of the (fashion) show to shine through. We’re of course talking about the rodeo trend, sorry Beyonce!
The Glades Shopping Centre’s in-house fashion doyenne, Juliet Wyatt, shows how to work the look, with a selection of items that will take you from dusk ‘til dawn. Embrace your inner cowgirl and get wild!
1. Meet the hardest working item in your wardrobe this summer. Spot on for unpredictable temperatures, the cut-out detailing adds interest, while the mid-sleeve is great for when the sun goes down. New Look white crochet embroidered mesh top, £19.99
2. Western-inspired boot toughens up a floaty midi dress and the rust-coloured hue adds a cool-girl vibe to a ‘nice top and jeans’ combo. The block heel means you’ll be the last one standing. River Island suede western ankle boot, £55
3. With so many stand-out accessories for this trend, you can lasso a few items for a subtle nod to the trend. Worn slung low or cinched in at the waist, this leather-look belt works with everything. Accessorize western jeans belt, £10
4. You can’t talk about wild, wild wares without mentioning denim. The statement colour and contrast stitching make this ‘hero’ piece chic and undeniably fun. Zara skirt with contrasting topstitching £49.99
5. Off the shoulder? Check. Ruffles? Check. Checks? Tick! This little number was made for dancing in the sun. Wear with a wide-brimmed hat and sunnies. Oasis check bardot dress, £46
6. Throwing your hands in the air and waving them like you just don’t care is a must in this butter-soft beauty. Zara fringed leather jacket £149
7. Small in stature, but huge on style. With suede, tassels and enough room for all your essentials, it’s the festival bag of dreams. River Island yellow mini embellished tassel crossbody bag, £55